Creating Your Account - Moshi Monsters
Step 01: Go to the homepage at www.moshimonsters.com and in the top right corner, you will see a sign that says Sign In/Adopt A Monster.
In order to play the game -- and adopt a monster -- you have to create an account. To do that, you will need at a minimum a working email address, and a password that you can remember! The other information that the service requests is not checked, so you can pretty much put whatever you want for the contact information and age, but if you actually plan to subscribe to the service it would be an idea to put the correct information... We're just saying.
Once you have created your account, it is time to adopt a monster!
Selecting your Moshi Monsters from the Six Species
-- Subscribing as a Paid-Member --
The Basic Membership is free, and allows you to play a lot of the game but clearly being a Paid-Member is better, because it allows you to play ALL of the game. In addition to that, it also includes the following items:
- Art Shows at the Googenheim (show off your artistic talents)
- Changing Colours (access to Colorama to change your Moshi's colour)
- Easier Rox (access to areas where you can gather more Rox)
- Gifting (access to Gift Island and the ability to give gifts)
- Larger Housing (more space to live and play)
- Moshi Passport (gives access to all of the restricted areas)
- Moshling Zoo (a place to store lots of Moshlings nice and orderly)
- Starcade (ad playable games to your Moshi Home)
- Super Moshi (play special missions and collect special Moshlings)
Step 1: Subscribing starts with selecting the region you are from -- there are three of them, starting with USA/Canada, then UK/Europe, and finally The Rest of the World!
Step 2: Selecting the terms of your subscription means choosing from four options:
- A 1 Month recurring subscription for $5.95 a month
- A 6 Month recurring subscription for $39.95 per 6 months
- A 1-Year non-recurring subscription for $49.95
- A Pre-Paid Moshi Time Card you buy from a retail store like GameStop
Any of the first three options require you to have a credit card, while the 4th lets you use cash.
Once you decide on the option you want to use and submit the payment information, you will need to wait around 20 minutes for the member-access to become available on the servers, after which you have full access to the game! While you are waiting you are prompted to return to your Room.